Not that you probably need much convincing, but Let me tell you why you should be making your showers more luxurious! First of all, life is too short to settle for a mediocre shower experience. You deserve to feel like royalty every time you step foot in that bathroom.
Think about it, showering is one of the few moments of the day where you get to have some alone time, and it should be an enjoyable experience. Upgrading your shower routine can give you a sense of indulgence and self-care that you absolutely deserve.
Plus, a luxurious shower can be a game-changer for your mental health. It's amazing what a little aromatherapy or a rainfall shower head can do for your mood. Trust me, I've seen it all.
And last but not least, who doesn't want to feel like they're at a five-star spa in their own home? With some luxurious shower accessories, you can transform your bathroom into a serene oasis. So go ahead, treat yourself to some fancy bath products, splurge on a plush bathrobe, and let the relaxation begin.
How to Make Showers More Luxurious
1. Upgrade Your Shower Head
One of the easiest and most effective ways to make your shower more luxurious is by upgrading your shower head. A rainfall shower head can create a spa-like experience, while a high-pressure shower head can give you a more immersive shoer experience.
2. Add Some Aromatherapy
Adding some aromatherapy to your shower routine can take your shower to a whole other level in terms of relaxation. S what does this look like? Essential oils, shower steamers, or scented shower gels can all add a soothing sensory experience and contribute to relaxing atmosphere.
3. Invest in Luxurious Bath Products
If you're using bath scrubs, salts or lotions that don't give off a great scent or add to the experience, get yourself some quality bath products to make it a time worth looking forward to.
4. Create a Spa-Like Atmosphere
To make your shower feel more luxurious, create a spa-like atmosphere in your bathroom. You can add some plants, candles, and soft lighting to create a calming ambiance.
5. Get a Plush Bathrobe and Towels
After your shower, wrap yourself up in a plush bathrobe and use soft, high-quality towels. This will make you feel pampered and luxurious every time you step out of the shower.
Remember, the key to making your shower more luxurious is to focus on the details and create an experience that appeals to all of your senses. With a few simple upgrades, you can turn your shower into a luxurious retreat that you'll look forward to every day.
Must-Have Shower Products
If you're looking to upgrade your shower routine and create a more luxurious experience, here are some must-have shower products:
- Body Wash or Shower Gel: You probably already have one of these in your shower, but finding one that smells incredible and nourishes your skin will make a huge difference in your shower and on your skin.
A couple of my favorite body washes from Sol de Janeiro and Saltair
- Exfoliating Scrub: Body scrubs exfoliate your skin by removing dead skin cells to reveal healthy, glowing skin underneath. Get a body scrub that is gentle to give your skin a refresh.
- Moisturizing Body Lotion: Moisturizing after a shower is where you can finish off the skincare you started in the shower and give yourself healthy glowing skin. Use a moisturizing body lotion with nourishing ingredients like coconut butter or jojoba oil.
I love these drugstore body lotions from Method and OGX
- Bathrobe and Slippers: A plush bathrobe and comfortable slippers can make you feel like you're at a spa, even in your own home. Comfort is key here. Don't get a bathrobe that is overly warm so you don't overheat after the shower, but something plush with comfy slippers will continue that feeling like you have your own spa at home.
- Scent: Essential oils are popular in the shower and some even like to hang their own fresh eucalyptus above their shower head for the freshest scent possible. Even buying a fragrant body wash can give your shower a sense of relaxation and fun.
- A Plush Towel: A thick, plush towel definitely cannot be overlooked. A high quality, absorbent towel that keeps you warm makes sure the experience doesn't end when you step out of the shower.
How to Make Showers More Luxurious Conclusion
Showers don't need to be a place where you're just trying to get in and out as quickly as possible. They can be a treat for the senses and give you a sense of relaxation or rejuvenation (depending on what you're looking for.)
They are a perfect way to start your day or wind it down if you make an intentional effort to give it a spa-like atmosphere. even adding a few of these tips to your routine can make a big difference in how much you look forward to your daily shower.