One of the most impactful decisions when it comes to hairstyling is the choice of where to part your hair. While it may seem like a simple decision, the hair part can significantly influence your overall appearance, enhancing your natural beauty and boosting your confidence.
We'll delve into the art of choosing the perfect hair part, considering factors such as face shape, hair texture, and personal style. We'll explore the reasons why side parts, in particular, are often considered universally flattering, but we'll also emphasize that beauty is a deeply personal concept, and individual preferences should guide your choices.
Face Shape and Hair Parts
It’s often said that different hair parts work for different face shapes. While its side parts are a flattering look on pretty much every face shape, it’s also the case that different parts work to flatter different sets of features. Here are some examples of parts that work for different face shapes:
- A side part can create the illusion of length and balance for a round face.
- Side-swept bangs can add angles and definition to the forehead.
- Oval faces are considered balanced and versatile, so they can typically pull off any hair part.
- A side part or a deep side part can soften the angles of a square face.
- Soft, wispy bangs can also add a more delicate touch.
- A side part or a center part with side-swept bangs can complement a heart-shaped face by drawing attention away from the forehead and balancing the chin.
- A center part can highlight the symmetry of a diamond-shaped face.
- A side part can flatter and emphasize strong bone structure and prominent cheekbones.
Long or Oblong Face:
- A middle part can break up the length and add width to the face.
- Loose, wavy hairstyles paired with a side part can help create the illusion of volume.
- A side part with volume at the crown can balance a triangular face shape by adding width at the forehead.
Why Side Parts Look So Good on Almost Everyone
Side parts are often considered universally flattering because they have several characteristics that can complement a wide range of face shapes and hair types. Here's why side parts tend to look good on many people:
- Balance and Symmetry: A side part creates a sense of balance and symmetry on the face, helping to even out the proportions. It can add a touch of asymmetry that softens the features and enhances overall facial harmony.
- Face Framing: A side part can frame the face, drawing attention to your eyes, cheekbones, and jawline. This can enhance and highlight your best features while downplaying areas you may be less comfortable with.
- Versatility: Side parts work well with various hair lengths and textures, from short to long, straight to wavy or curly. This versatility makes them a suitable choice for many individuals.
- Camouflaging Imperfections: Side parts can be used to strategically cover certain facial features or asymmetries. For example, they can be used to conceal a high or broad forehead or balance uneven eyebrows.
- Youthful Appearance: Side parts are often associated with a classic and timeless look, which can contribute to a more youthful and polished appearance.
- Adaptability: You can adjust the depth and angle of a side part to further customize it to your liking. This adaptability allows you to experiment and find the exact part that suits your face shape and style.
Why Side Parts Look So Good on Almost Everyone Conclusion
The versatility of side parts, with their ability to create balance, frame the face, and adapt to various hair types, makes them a popular choice that often flatters pretty much everyone. They are timeless and take the guesswork out of choosing a parting style that flatters the face and makes everyone look more youthful. If you haven’t tried one yet, play with some different side parts to see what looks best on your features.